Thought I’d write a whole new post, but maybe I’ll try to finish off this older draft instead. So, here goes..
Five warning signs of depression:
- A shift in sleep patterns. (✓)
- Excessive anxiety and irritability (✓)
- Frequent feelings of hopelessness and helplessness paired with uncontrollable bouts of tears. (✓, except maybe for the last one, I think I’m all out of tears)
- A lack of interest in activities and hobbies that once were exciting. (✓)
- The inability to focus, concentrate or make decisions for lengthy periods of time. (✓)
Pretty impressive list, no?
So. What to do? It’s time to:
- bring in some help
- seek some guidance
- talk to someone
- seek some help
- seek advice outside our immediate social circle
Easier said than done, though. Throw few additional “issues” into the mix, and you’ll have a nice little bowl of messed up brain of mine.